1.0 Protecting your privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information has always been integral to the way we do business at Amity. Privacy protection is essential to providing you with excellent service.
2.1 Our ten privacy principles comply with the provisions of Canada Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
These principles are as follows:
- Accountability. We are responsible for and will endeavour to maintain and protect the information we have about you.
- Identifying Purposes. The purpose for which your information is being collected will be explained to you either before or when it is collected.
- Consent. We will obtain your consent to collect, hold, use, and disclose your information. This will be done when you open an account, draft a Will, purchase an Investment, fill in a Loan Application, have your Income Tax / Accounting done with us, or by providing it to you in a separate communication.
- Limiting Collection. We will limit the information we collect to what in needed for those purposes Amity has identified. We list these identified purposes in section 3.3.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. We will use and disclose your information only for the purposes we have identified, or when it is required or permitted by law. We retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of these purposes.
- Accuracy. We keep your information as accurate, complete, and up to date as we are able to with your assistance.
- Safeguards. We protect your information with appropriate safeguards and security measures.
- Openness. Upon your request, we will provide you with specific details about our information handling policies and procedures. Section 8.0 provides you with details on who to contact when you have questions regarding your privacy.
- Access. We will give you access to the information we have about you. You may check the accuracy of your information and amend it as appropriate.
- Challenging Our Compliance. We will investigate and respond to your concerns about any aspect of our handling of your information.